Because all the cool kids are doing it. Thanks LWilliams for the blog hop!
1. What is the first thing you do when you get to the barn?
Feed the idiots breakfast. Technically my husband gives everyone a cookie and I all do is feed Subi breakfast while he feeds the rest, but that’s a technicality…
2. Is there a breed that you would never own?
3. Describe your last ride?
I blogged about it so go read that…
4. Have any irrational riding fears?
Getting run away with? I don’t like riding horses who have NO BRAKES. Especially horses with no brakes whose mouths you can’t touch (and who take off when you touch their mouths). Not my idea ride… I much prefer having to add leg…
5. Describe your favorite lesson horse?
RANGER. No contest at all. Seriously. He is 100% the best. Even if I did buy Batt years ago, he’s no Ranger. Back in pony land, Willy was pretty awesome too, but Ranger is the most amazing lesson horse ever.
6. Would you ever lease out your horse?
Anyone want any of mine? Please?
7. Mares: Yay or neigh?
I’m not a mare person. Hayley doesn’t count because she was more of a gelding than Subi. But I am not a mare person. Granted, she loved my husband and tolerated me so…
8. How many time per week do you get to see your horse?
7 days a week, 2-3-4-5 times a day?
9. Favorite thing to do on an “easy day” with your pony?
Stuff them with treats?
10. Conformational flaw that bothers you the most?
Bad feed. Seriously. I hate bad feet.
11. Thing about your riding that you’re most self conscious about?
12. Will you be participating in no stirrup November?
Nope not my thing.
13. What is your grooming routine?
I’m terrible at the grooming routine. This is partially due to having horses that, until January, lived out 24/7. Once I have electric in the barn, I’ll try and get better with the grooming… Plus, 2 of my 3 hate it so… But, typically it’s a quick brush if they have dirt on them and fly spray now before fly sheets in the morning. Or, brush at night and the other stuff in the morning. Otherwise, just some brushing on the weekend while grazing on the good grass. I’m a terrible mom! Much more grooming happens during shedding season!
14. Describe a day in the life of your horse?
Breakfast is fed in stalls between 6:10-6:20 (weekends around 7-7:30).Turnout around 7:30 (weekends 7:30-8:30). Stalls cleaned after work (or whenever I get to it on weekends). They come in usually before dark between 8 and 8:30 and eat dinner (and stay in for the night).
15. Favorite season for riding?
I like spring ONLY because I have an unnatural hatred for fall. Everything is dying and getting dark. I HATE LOSING DAYLIGHT. I also really hate the angle of the sun in the fall…
16. If you could only have 1 ring: indoor or outdoor?
I prefer having an outdoor with really nice footing. However, at home, I’d love to have an arena. And, I’d actually love to have an indoor so I could use it for turnout too. So, indoor at home (yes, I’d need a different property for that).
17. What impresses you most about the opposite discipline (english vs. western)?
I love some of the ground manners of western horses.
18. You have unlimited funds to buy one entire tack set for your horse, what is he/she wearing?
I don’t need anything for my horses (except maybe a better bridle for Batt), but in general? Just a really nice well fitting set of tack for a unicorn horse would be nice…
19. How many blankets do you have? When do you blanket?
Let’s not discuss this… too many? Probably 25-30? Blanket when needed. It’s in the low 60s today and Subi is wearing a rain sheet because it’s pouring…
20. What is your horse’s favorite treat? Favorite place to be scratched?
Subi: Peppermints or my homemade cookies. Plus carrots. Will not eat: apples or stud muffins or similar treats
Batt: Anything except for bananas or fig newtons. Favorites include stud muffins and apples and carrots
Jiminy: anything. Favorites include stud muffins and apples and peppermints
They also all like nicker makers.
Subi likes to rub his head against my back which he usually isn’t allowed to do. Jiminy likes head hugs.
21. Something about your barn that drives you crazy?
That I don’t have all weather footing and don’t have more land or a place to ride?
22. Roached manes, pulled manes, or long flowing manes?
I like pulled manes but I don’t pull mine as Subi hates it and he’s retired so I don’t make him. Batts is thin enough so I just trim as needed when I’m not lazy… Jiminy? Well… He has Tina Turner hair… Or Albert Einstein hair depending on the day…
23. Can you handle a buck or a rear better?
I. Don’t. Do. Rearing.
24. I would never buy a horse who ___________________?
25. Favorite facial marking?
I like stars.
That pony in the hay bin – I just can’t 🙂
He’s so poorly behaved… The other boys get so mad at him when he hangs out in there… lol